ResMed has launched its new AirCurve 10 series, which includes three bilevel devices for specialized support of challenging sleep apnea cases, as well as an adaptive servo-ventilation device for patients with central sleep apnea or Cheyne-Stokes respiration.
The AirCurve 10 line hit the market Dec 5 in the United States and Australia and will be available in Europe early in 2015, according to the company.
“We’ve developed the AirCurve 10 series for patients who need truly personalized support,” said Greg Peake, president of the ResMed Sleep-Disordered Breathing Global Business Unit. “These new devices raise the bar in their category – complementing the connected care offerings in our Air Solutions platform and enabling our customers to take their patient care to new heights while streamlining their workflows and enhancing their efficiency.”
The ResMed Air Solutions connected care platform is an ecosystem of hardware and software solutions designed to improve overall patient care and streamline compliance monitoring and therapy management. Every AirCurve 10 device features built-in wireless connectivity and works seamlessly with ResMed’s AirView patient monitoring software. AirView, ResMed’s cloud-based patient management system, also has a new Remote Assist feature that allows healthcare providers to troubleshoot common therapy questions and change therapy settings remotely.
AirCurve 10 devices also support ResMed’s U-Sleep premium patient management platform, as well as the myAir patient engagement tool.
The AirCurve 10 line includes:
- AirCurve 10 S: A bilevel device ideal for patients who need extra pressure support or find it difficult to adjust to therapy on a fixed pressure continuous positive airway pressure device.
- AirCurve 10 VAuto: An auto-adjusting bilevel device for patients who need greater pressure support to treat their obstructive sleep apnea.
- AirCurve 10 ST: A bilevel device with backup rate that provides exceptional patient-ventilator synchrony, reducing the work of breathing so patients remain comfortable and well ventilated.
- AirCurve 10 ASV: A bilevel device for central breathing disorders such as Cheyne-Stokes respiration, central sleep apnea or obstructive events.
AirCurve 10 Series for Sleep-Disordered Breathing Therapy Includes:
- TiControl: TiControl lets providers set minimum and maximum time limits on either side of the patient’s ideal spontaneous flow cycling.
- Trigger Sensitivity: Adjustable trigger and cycle sensitivity settings TiControl can be used to optimize synchrony between the device and the patient’s own respiratory efforts.
- Vsync: Advanced leak management technology, Vsync helps provide patient-ventilator synchrony.
- HumidAir: Integrated heated humidification that affords simpler therapy, with fewer parts to set up and manage.