A 22-year-old park guide in Central California has been hospitalized after contracting hantavirus, according to Fox40 Sacramento. The man works at Bodie State Park about 100 miles north of Yosemite National Park.

Hantavirus is a contagious disease that can be contracted when breathing in air contaminated with dried rodent waste. While not yet confirmed, the park guide is suspected to have gotten the disease from deer mice in the park.

The Department of Parks and Recreation reports they have not confirmed that Spencer Fry got hantavirus from his time at Bodie State Park. They also report there is no threat to the public.

The National Park Service reported, as of Nov. 1, 2012, at least 10 people have contracted the virus after visiting Yosemite National Park.

Read more at www.fox40.com